Thursday, March 29, 2007

ArtChick's WMC Experience




Winter Music Conference (WMC) in Miami was incredible. Let me press that all the plans I made got changed the last minute,but all the accidents that happened made up for it. I was suppose to cover three female dj's but one cancelled, another felt it wasn't worth my time (only had one number), & the third changed the gig from Weds to Sunday. When I left Miami for DJ Frikkiao's Birthday I received tons of calls to come out and photograph DJ Rap, DJ Madam Malixa, & Joyce Mercedez all the same day. Maybe next year. lol

Now for the best part of my trip. Started out at Deco Drive Cigars where a gentleman gave us free tickets to the Jazid. And you know what? lol The second I walked into the door there was DJ Lady Waks spinning. I couldn't be more happy!



The Next day I walked around the city and photographed DJ's spinning in store windows, buildings lit up at nite, and mannequins with double D's lol. I suppose only in Miami you will see mannequins like those. heeeee....

The Forth day I photographed at Nikki Beach where I learned DJ Joyce Mercedez cancelled and was also told I missed Benny Benassi spin and another person told me he cancelled. To make up for these two disappointments I ran into ArtChick Model Marwa & DJ JayNicole & Friends at Nikki Beach. It was so nice running into familar faces. I photographed over 250 photos at Nikki Beach and then headed out for Downtown. When I got downtown I ran into Benny Benassi.



Who by the way was given a hard time to get in. He said to the door man "I'm Benny Benassi." and the door man said "Everyone is Benny". lol.Benny was suppose to spin in 20 mins. He ended up getting in but as for me my name wasn't added to the list as it should of been and I left. Hey to tell you the truth I just wanted to meet Benny and did. Made my whole nite...... and to top it off we jumped on the Party Buss. Really cool idea. Three djs spun on the swinging deck, people danced (incredible balance).... in either case great trip!


Looking forward to my return to Miami. Check out the photos so far. I'm still adding photos.. and well I left a lot out.. I did...much... much more... such as a photoshoot for Yamil Palacios' demo ..hanging out with locals... and more. Sorry but this is enough already I'm sure.

So what are you waiting for? Log on & tell me what you think!

www.ArtChickPhotos.com

No comments: